OTTAWA CRIMINAL DEFENCE LAWYER – During my career as a criminal lawyer I have successfully fought many impaired driving charges all across Ontario. Along the way, I have picked up five must-have strategies to fight Impaired Driving, Over 80, or Sample Refusal charges at the trial stage.
Today, I’d like to share these important case-winning techniques with you:
- 1. A thorough and critical review of the crown attorney’s evidence. If your lawyer’s review is truly comprehensive, you might be able to have your charges dropped or resolved favourably without a trial.
- 2. Thorough investigation of the facts from your perspective, and from the perspective of witnesses. Any skilled lawyer will meet with you regularly, in-person, to get a complete understanding of your recollection, and to gather the most information about possible witnesses.
- 3. Skillful Cross-Examination at Trial. A top criminal lawyer with litigation experience can often expose errors or inconsistencies in the testimony of Crown witnesses or police officers.
- 4. Thorough understanding of your Charter rights. There are a number of ways your lawyer can show that your detention and arrest was in violation of the Charter of Human Rights.
- 5. Legal counsel from an experienced criminal defence lawyer. An individual representing himself in court will likely be unable to get any value from the above strategies – most don’t know enough about impaired driving laws.
I believe in providing the best possible information to help educate you about Ontario criminal laws and I understand the stressful experience you are facing. That’s why I provided these strategies to help you gain a better understanding of what lies ahead.
If you have been charged with Impaired Driving, Sample Refusal, or Over 80 in Ontario, a top criminal defence lawyer can help you fight to have the charges dismissed. For more information, contact the Ottawa criminal defence lawyers at Auger Holingsworth by email [email protected] or by phone at (613) 233-4529.