According to the Ottawa Police Service, they received a complaint in July 2006 from the Leitrim Minor Hockey Association indicating that association funds had allegedly gone missing or had been misappropriated between 2004 and 2006.
The Ottawa Police Services are reporting that fraud investigators have completed their investigation and have charged an individual with:
- 2 counts of Fraud Over $5,000
- 2 counts of Forgery
- 2 counts of Uttering Forged Documents
- 1 count of Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime over $5,000
- 1 count of Launder Proceeds of Canadian Crime
- 1 Breach by Public Officer
- 1 count Criminal Breach of Trust
- 1 count of Theft by Person Required to Account
- 1 count Misappropriate Money Held Under Direction
- 1 count of Fraudulent concealment
- 1 count of False Pretence
These are very serious charges that require a criminal defence lawyer with significant experience defending fraud charges and other property charges. For more information about defending against fraud and other charges, contact Auger Hollingsworth.