The police can seize a vehicle under the following circumstances:
- When an arrest is made under s. 217(4) of the Highway Traffic Act;
- When the vehicle is abandoned;
- When the vehicle is unplated;
- When the driver has received a license suspension;
- Where the driver has been driving with a suspended license; or
- Where the vehicle is blocking traffic or snow.
In some cases, if your vehicle has been seized you will need to bring an application to court to have the vehicle released. An Ontario criminal defence lawyer can assist you with this process.